Saturday, May 23, 2009

Since I'm sure I'll be reading an inordinate number of books over the next two months while I rough it without cable I think I'm going to try to turn this blog into a book review site. I love reading and always have (my mom used to punish me by not letting me read before bed)so this should be something I'm good at. Hopefully my recommendations will be fun and helpful...so here we go!



I just finished Jen Lancaster's new book Pretty in PlaidA Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal Self-Centered Smart-Ass Phase and I LOVED it! For people who haven't read her other books Jen Lancaster is the author of a set of memoirs, Bitter is the New Black, Bright Lights, Big Ass and Such a Pretty Fat and I love all of her books. She is funny, witty and just bitchy enough to make everything that happens in her life, good or bad, a hilarious story. I wish we could be friends because more than anything else I love a person with a snarky sense of humor. Her books are great girly reads with the nice twist that they aren't all about the down and out quirky girl who finds the man of her dreams. Jen is tough and funny and preppy and pretty much everything I want to be because she believes in herself. Her self-esteem is something I truly admire and it doesn't hurt that she kicks butt all while wearing argyle socks, khaki shorts and a Lacoste polo.

No comments:

Post a Comment